POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering : Re: Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple outdoor landscapes for fast-rendering
From: Tim Riley
Date: 2 Feb 2004 14:03:07
Message: <401e9eeb$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
> The reason is that function n,n works as an image_map, which exists in the
> x,y plane (and from top to bottom in the y direction IIRC). The z in this
> case isn't taken into account.

Ah, now it makes sense. I couldn't find a reference to it in the help file
earlier, but I just looked again and there it was - "6.7.11.16  Function Image".
My computer must have been experiencing a temporal reference breach; I doubt if
it had anything to do with the fact that I was searching for it at 2am.